Maintaining a healthy weight is an important part of living a lifestyle that is active, fulfilling, and that protects your senior from a wide variety of health issues and complications. If they are overweight, however, pursuing these weight goals can seem daunting. Fortunately, elder care may be able to help. This care provider can support your care efforts and be there for your parent to help them follow their plan and reach for their goals so that they have a higher chance of being successful as they age in place.
Some ways that elder care can help your parent to pursue their weight goals include:
- Working with them to research recipes that fit with their personal tastes but also comply with their dietary restrictions or dietary approach.
- Prepare meals for them that are highly nutritious but that also satisfy so that they can nourish their body while also pursuing weight goals.
- Encourage them to snack in a healthy and beneficial way by preparing easy to access snacks such as chopped fruits and vegetables.
- Encourage them to find physical activities that they enjoy and participate in them regularly.
- Provide transportation to activities that support social engagement, physical activity, exercise, and high mental and emotional health.
- Providing companionship for your parent that gives them a boost in their mental and emotional health and encourages a high level of motivation to stay at their best.
- Offering reminders to them to follow through with any guidelines that the doctor has put forward to them and encourage healthy lifestyle choices that will keep their body at its best so it is the most receptive to the changes your parent is making in an effort to lose weight.
If you have been looking for ways to enhance your aging parents quality of life as they age in place, starting elder care for them may be the ideal solution. An elderly home care services provider can create a highly personalized approach to your parent’s care that includes services specifically tailored toward their individual challenges, needs, and limitations. These services are designed to not only help your parent manage their needs in the way that is right for them, but also to support a lifestyle focused on mental, emotional, and physical health, independence and autonomy, and fulfillment. These services can include everything from safe and reliable transportation, to companionship, to assistance with personal care needs and activities of daily life.
If you or an aging loved one are considering hiring elder care in Laurens, SC, contact Heart of the Carolinas Home Care at 864-991-3116. Providing Home Care Services in Greenville, Simpsonville, Greer, Anderson, Spartanburg, Mauldin, Seneca, Laurens, Charleston, Columbia and the surrounding areas.
Latest posts by Edward Harrison (see all)
- Could Your Parent Be a Target of Smishing? - January 11, 2018
- Helping an Elderly Adult with Alzheimer’s Feel More Comfortable in Their New Home - January 4, 2018
- What You Can Do While Your Parent is at the Hospital to Reduce the Risk of Readmission - December 28, 2017